Thanks, Dassault Systèmes!

It’s been a long day of pulling through errands, but my ecstatic mind couldn’t wait any longer to write this! I found out earlier that my Portable MAME Control Panel senior design project won the SolidWorks World 2012 Hobbyist Contest! This is very humbling and a great honor from both the SolidWorks Corporation and Dassault Systèmes, because even today, I haven’t experienced as much enjoyment and real-world productivity from using CAD applications as much as this well-honed software. It truly is an art to breathe technical life into free-form imagination, and DS’ talented employees helped turn a bit of imagination into a worthwhile product – one that enables my friends and I to relive the glory days of the video arcade.

All in all, it’s been a pleasure, and I thank your team for being supportive in my engineering journeys. I hope to see you in San Diego next month for SW World 2012, and I’ll certainly be ready to learn even more from the pros.

1. Deepak Gupta, January 17, 2012, 5:00:48 AM EST

Congrats Kevin.. :)

See you at SolidWorks World 2012 in San Diego, California.

2. Kevin Lin, January 17, 2012, 5:49:56 AM EST

My appreciations, Deepak! Glad to hear back from you and your fellow SW users!

3. Curt, January 18, 2012, 11:01:08 AM EST

Woah cool! Awesome Kevin!

4. Cadjunkie, February 16, 2012, 9:01:48 AM EST

Would it be possible for you to post at least the parasolid version of your file on Grabcad?

5. Kevin Lin, February 18, 2012, 1:15:47 AM EST

Currently, I don’t have SolidWorks installed on any of my PCs. I’ll consider uploading the controller assembly once I get a copy, though. Thanks for the interest!

6. Kevin Lin, February 18, 2012, 1:16:38 AM EST

Thanks, Curt! I’m glad you and Nate were able to help me test out the control panel last December, and it certainly was a blast working in the Visual Arts Building late into the night with you guys. I hope school is still treating you well these days!

7. Lourdes J. Avery, June 24, 2013, 22:16:56 PM EST

I visited Dassault Systemes’ SolidWorks Corp. in Concord, Massachusetts this week. It was part of a special event for industry analysts and members of the press. I have watched the company mature since its founding and it’s been interesting to see it develop into a world-class organization. SolidWorks has gained a high level of respect from organizations of all sizes from around the world.

Write a comment: